We can't sit back and watch this unfold.
Global Orphan Prevention's sustainable development advisor Eric Moffet has volunteered to fly to Kathmandu this weekend to assist on the ground. Eric originally was scheduled to arrive May 25th to assist with our current development projects, but in lieu of recent events, the call was made to depart as early as possible.
In addition to regularly scheduled work on the sustainable dairy farm project in Pokhari, Eric will support in prompt relief and clean up efforts while providing desperately needed supplies for the people of Nepal, especially in rural and underserved regions.
We are collecting donations for his efforts.
Eric will be using his personal money to purchase the following:
- Energy rich foods with high calories like Energy biscuits, Protein bars, canned foods like tuna fish, Muesli, canned soups, meat paste
- Dry foods like nuts, cereals, peanut butter, dried meat, dried fruits , instant noodles, dried breads , crackers
- Multi-vitamins in tablet forms
- Paracetamols, antibiotics, painkillers, arm bandages, thermometer and emergency medical supplies
- Water filter - Stuff or tablets that can purify water like chlorine tablets
- Personal hygiene items, such as sanitary napkins, diapers, hand sanitizer
- Rubber Gloves
- Thick rubber gloves for handling debris
- Latex gloves for handling surgical/medical cases
- Torch Lights with batteries
- External batteries
- First Aid Kits
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Matches in a waterproof pouch or other fire starter such as a flint rod
- Large Plastic Sheets/Trash Bag
- Diarrhea pills
- Toilet Papers, hand sanitizers
He plans to stay in-country for the next three months. 100% of your donation will go to the earthquake relief efforts.
Thanks and much love, the GOP team!